Basic quality improvement training has 10 modules. Each of the modules will cover the basics of health care quality science. This is a self-paced learning process which will be aided by different interactive discussions forums, quizzes and frequent knowledge checks.
By the end of this course trainees will be able to
- By using quality improvement project workbook participants will design a quality improvement project based on the concepts and skills learned in the course.
- FMOH Healthcare quality improvement Training of Trainers and Coaches manual 2018
- FMOH Ethiopian National Health Care Quality Strategy 2016
- Quality improvement Project work book with sample project template.
For further Reference/ Reading
- IHI Quality Improvement Online Courses
- Ethiopian Hospital Alliance for Quality 2019/2020
- Hospital Performance Monitoring and Improvement Manual 2017
- FMOH Ethiopian Health Sector Transformation Plan II 2021
- FMOH Ethiopian Health Service Transformation Guideline 2018
Course admission requirements
- Healthcare professionals with relevant work experience who have an interest in quality improvement
- Health care professionals in a role of implementing quality improvement activities in their respective health care institution.
Assignment Descriptions & Requirements
- There will be both objective and subjective assessments in every module.
- It is recommended a trainee complete assessments provided in each module to pass to the next course. If you can’t complete the assessment you can return to it at a future date.
- Use the discussion forums to interact with the trainer and trainees.
- Pretest and Posttest will be given at the beginning and end of the training
- A minimum score of 70% is necessary to receive a passing grade.