This Laboratory quality management system course is designed to provide to you, the laboratory technician, a basic understanding of the 12 quality system essentials necessary in any laboratory. The outcome of this training is for you to apply these basic skills and concepts to your respective health care institutions.
The LQMS course has 12 modules regarding the twelve quality system essentials. The training will be based on the 2015 ISO guideline. This is a self-paced learning process which will be aided by different interactive discussions forums, quizzes and frequent knowledge checks.
By the end of this course trainees will be able to:
- List the twelve quality essential elements as described in the LQMS
- Compare the workflow and quality management systems in their medical laboratories with that of the standard using the twelve quality essential elements.
- Identify the gaps in laboratory quality in their working environment and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Design a laboratory quality management plan according to the requirements mentioned in the training.
- Training Manual based on the ISO 2015 guidelines
- Biosafety guidelines
Course admission requirements
- Laboratory technicians of all levels in their profession can take this
- Certificates will be provided with a 15 CEU point to those with first
degree (BSC) and above
Assignment Descriptions & Requirements
- There will be both objective and subjective assessments in every
- It is recommended a trainee complete assessments provided in each module
to pass to the next course. If you can’t complete the assessment you can
return to it at a future date.
- Use the discussion forums to interact with the trainer and
- Pretest and Posttest will be given at the beginning and end of the
- A minimum score of 70% is necessary to receive a passing grade.